Today I’m thrilled to share my protein filled and nutrient dense Salmon Burger recipe! It’s crucial that you eat enough protein during Metamorphosis because your body can’t grow, develop and repair those muscles without it. If you’re on my meal plan, this recipe can be substituted for the Meal 3 Combined option during Body Reset weeks. I absolutely love making my salmon burgers when I’m craving protein! I know you will, too.
Quick tip: I make the yogurt dill topping first. This way when the burgers come off the stove you can apply the topping right away and enjoy your salmon nice and hot. I hope you love it!
Slim Salmon Burgers (Makes 12-14 small patties)
- 4 salmon steaks
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, finely chopped
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup veganaise (mayo)
- 1 egg (whites)
- 1 lemon
- Fresh dill, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds (as substitute for bread crumbs)
1) Season salmon steaks with dill, garlic and onion powder, pepper and lemon. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the fish to cool for a few minutes.
2) Pull the salmon patties apart, slice them into strips and then cut them cross-wise into smaller cubes. Continue chopping the fish until well minced.
3) Combine the fish with egg whites, finely chopped parsley, red onion, celery, pepper, and sesame seeds in large bowl. Form patties from the mixture with your hands (should make 12-14 patties).
4) Cook patties in lightly oiled pan (preferably olive oil spray) on medium heat for 4-6 minutes, PER SIDE.
Yogurt Dill Topping:
- 8 oz. greek yogurt (or any low fat yogurt)
- 2 heaping Tbsp capers, finely chopped
- Fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tbsp veganaise (mayo)
- Fresh dill
Mix all ingredients together and apply dollop of topping to each burger. Top with red onion, lettuce and tomato on bun. Enjoy!